Dairy Free Fettuccine Alfredo Sauce
- Prep Time: 17m
- Cook Time: 35m
- Total Time: 52m
- Serves: 4 people
- Yield: 4-5 (about ½ cup per serving)
- Category: Italian & Pasta
- 2 c Unsalted cashews, split or roughly chopped
- 6 c Almond milk, boiled
- 1/2 pkg VioLife Just Like Parmesan cheese
- 1 Medium onion, diced
- 5 Cloves of garlic, chopped
- 6 tbsp. Nutritional yeast
- 1 1/2 tsp. Dried rosemary
- 1 1/2 tsp. Garlic Pepper grinder
- 1 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1 1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 1/2 tsp. Paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp. Dried parsley
- 1 1/2 tsp. Onion powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. **Optional: Red pepper flakes, oregano, lemon pepper seasoning, basil
- 2 tsp. Lemon juice
- 1 pkg Fettuccine pasta, cooked (we used bow-ties but you can choose any shape)
- In a medium heatproof bowl, place 2 cups of cashews, and set aside.
- On the stove over medium high heat, boil almond milk for 2-5 mins, stirring consistently to prevent sticking. Pour milk over cashews and let sit for 15 minutes.
- Drain off and reserve about 1/2 the liquid off of the cashews after the timer goes off.
- Dice and chop up your garlic and onion. In a small saute pan over medium heat, pan roast those in about 1-2 tsp. of olive oil just until fragrant and the onions begin to turn translucent, about 5-7 minutes.
- In a blender or food processor, combine the soaked cashews, garlic, onion, nutritional yeast, cheese, spices above, and lemon juice. Blend until smooth, about 5-7 mins.
- If the sauce isn’t smooth enough, pour in a little more of the reserved almond milk (about ¼ cup at a time) and pulse for 2-3 mins longer in the blender. Repeat this step until desired consistency is achieved.
- Pour the sauce over the cooked pasta and toss gently to coat.
- If any sauce remains, it will keep in a Tupperware container in the fridge for up to two weeks.