Gluten Free Pumpkin Cranberry Bars (GF)
These Gluten Free Pumpkin Cranberry Cookie Bars were inspired by a Food Network recipe, with our own twist! Check these out for a yummy GF dessert or snack!
- Prep Time: 25m
- Cook Time: 25m
- Total Time: 50m
- Serves: 24 people
- Yield: ~24-36 individual cookie bars
- Category: Desserts & Baking
For the Cookies:
- 2 c Bob's Red Mill 1-to-1 Gluten-Free Flour
- 1/2 c Gluten-free oat flour
- 1 1/2 c Gluten-free quick-cooking oats
- 2 tsp. Pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp. Baking soda
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 c Softened unsalted butter (or unflavored coconut oil)
- 3/4 c Granulated sugar
- 3/4 c Coconut sugar
- 1 Large egg, at room temperature
- 1 tbsp. Vanilla extract
- 1 pkg Canned pure pumpkin puree (15 oz)
- 1 1/2 c Fresh cranberries, finely chopped
For the Icing:
- 1 c Confectioners' (powdered) sugar
- 2 tbsp. Almondmilk
- 1/2 tsp. Pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. Vanilla extract
For the cookie bars:
- Preheat the oven to 350*F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicon mat.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the 1-to-1 flour, oat flour, quick-cooking oats, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a large stand mixer or bowl with a hand mixer, cream together the softened butter or coconut oil, granulated sugar and coconut sugar. Add the egg, cracking into a separate bowl or mug first before adding to the mixing bowl to prevent any bad eggs or shells getting into the batter. Beat the egg and vanilla until fully combined. Stir in the flour mixture in parts, alternating with the pumpkin puree, stirring just until combined. Then finely chop the washed cranberries in a food chopper or processor and stir into the batter.
- Place the dough on the prepared baking sheet. Bake until the cookie bars are golden, about 25 minutes or until a toothpick poked into the center comes out clean. Let cool on the baking sheet on top of a wire rack.
For the icing:
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the icing ingredients together and mix until combined for a thicker icing consistency (we're not looking for a drizzle here, but if that's your preference, add a splash more almond milk!). Feel free to season with more cinnamon or pie spices if needed after tasting!
- Once at the right consistency, spread the frosting over the cookie bar and cut into pieces. These will store in the fridge in Tupperware or Ziploc bags for up to two weeks!