On-The-Go Egg Nest Cups
- 7 Eggs
- 1 pkg bacon or sausage, chopped small & cooked
- 1/2 pkg Hash brown potatoes, refrigerated or frozen (your preference)
- 1 c Sauteed cooked veggies (optional*)
- 1 c Shredded cheese, whatever cheese you like! (I mixed my favorite VioLife Just Like Parm and Lisanatti Foods Almond-milk mozzarella for this version.)
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. McCormick garlic pepper (grinder)
- 1 tsp. Paprika
- 1/2 tsp. Chili powder
- Heat oven to 425*F and grease 12-24 muffin cups.
- Saute hash browns in about 3 tbls. oil in a pan on the stove for 2-3 minutes (to take off the chill if frozen) and season at this time to taste.
- Divide potatoes in between muffin cups, and use your fingers to shape potato mixture into nests/domes with a crater in the middle. Bake for 10- 15 minutes until potatoes are browned around the edges.
- Remove from oven and reduce oven temp to 350*F.
- Cook your meat and crumble or break up and to add to the potato cups.
- Sprinkle your cheese over the meat/potato mixture.
- Whisk together eggs, salt, and pepper, and divide equally among your potato/meat/ cheese mixture, just until everything is covered with eggs.
- Bake in the oven at 350*F until eggs are set and a knife in the center of the eggs comes out clean, about 13-16 minutes.
- Let cool in pans and remove by sliding a knife between potato crust and muffin cup.
- I usually eat 2 cups for breakfast, they're great if you zap them for 60 seconds in the microwave!
- If you'd like to add veggies to this, it makes it delicious! The veggies could be left over from another recipe or cooked same day. Just chop into bite sized pieces and saute in some olive oil in a pan until soft, about 3-10 mins.
- If you don't have muffin cups, you can make this in a more of a quiche-like fashion using a 9" glass Pyrex dish. Follow the same steps, but add everything into one pan instead of individual versions. If you'd like to double the recipe, use 6 scrambled eggs per Pyrex dish and one entire bag of shredded potatoes, divided evenly between the dishes.