Spinach Artichoke Dip
This is my take on the classic Spinach artichoke dip, but non-dairy friendly! This is a massive hit at parties, and my best friend asks me to make this for him for his birthday every year.
- Prep Time: 15m
- Cook Time: 35m
- Total Time: 50m
- Serves: 4 people
- Yield: 2-4 cups
- Category: Appetizers, Dips, & Spreads
- 3 Cloves garlic, grated
- 1 tsp. Olive oil
- 8 oz Goat cheese log, softened (1 cup)
- 2 oz Joan of Arc Shredded goat cheddar cheese (1/2 cup)
- 2 oz Manchego cheese, grated (1/2 cup)
- 2 oz Lisanatti Foods Almond-milk mozzarella cheese, grated (1/2 cup)
- 1/4 c Almond-milk yogurt, unsweetened and unflavored (one package)
- 14 oz Artichoke hearts (one can), drained
- 1 c Spinach, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. McCormick Garlic Pepper grinder
- 1 tsp. Dried basil
- 1/2 tsp. Crushed red pepper
- Start by preheating the oven to 350*F. Spray an oven safe baking dish with Pam (or other non-stick spray) to prevent the dip from sticking during baking.
- In a small saute pan, coat the bottom with about 1 tsp. of olive oil and grate the three peeled cloves of garlic into the pan using a micro-plane grater (or the smallest holes on a box grater). Saute on low heat for 2-5 mins, or until garlic is fragrant and begins to turn a more golden color. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl, zap 8 oz (1 cup) of goats cheese in 30 second intervals until softened (no more than 1-2 mins.).
- Drain the liquid from the artichoke hearts and rinse to remove some of the brine. Place in a food processor and pulse 4-5 times, chopping into small pieces.
- Wash the spinach and finely chop into pieces or ribbons.
- In a medium bowl, stir together goat cheese, manchego, goats cheddar, mozzarella, yogurt, artichoke hearts, spinach, garlic, and spices above until thoroughly combined.
- Place dip into baking dish and cook in oven for 35 mins, or until a knife inserted into the center of the dip is hot to the touch.
- For the goat's cheddar, I used this version (example of the package is here, you can find it at Whole Foods!): https://www.amazon.com/Joan-Goat-Cheddar-Shred-6oz/dp/B075ZBMT86
- The mozzarella and manchego cheese come in blocks that need to be grated and aren't found in shredded form. If you can't find manchego or can't use sheep's milk, sub out with VioLife's Just Like Parmesan block cheese in the same measured amount.