Million Dollar Bacon
I was inspired to create this recipe after going to First Watch for the first time for their soft opening, here’s a copycat recipe on how to make it at home!
- 12 Slices of center cut bacon
- 1/3 c Light brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. Cracked black pepper
- 1 tsp. Chili powder
- 1 pinch Chipotle powder
- Preheat oven to 375*F.
- Start by lining a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Set another piece of parchment paper the same size as the first aside and get out an extra unlined baking sheet (we'll use all this later).
- Put the brown sugar and spices in a bowl and mix well to combine. Place the bacon slices in the bowl a few at a time, tossing gently to fully coat with the brown sugar mixture.
- Take the baking sheet with parchment and arrange the bacon in a single layer on top (12 pieces should fit if all the pieces of bacon are touching sides). Sprinkle any sugar left in the bowl over the bacon. Top with the second layer of parchment we made in Step 2, and then add the other baking sheet on top, which will flatten the bacon as it cooks. See the pictures above for visuals!
- Place the tray in the middle of oven and bake for 13 minutes covered. Uncover the baking sheet by carefully removing the top pan and parchment paper for last five minutes, turning the pan halfway through, and checking frequently to make sure it doesn't burn.
- When you remove the tray from the oven and transfer the bacon to a serving platter or plates, the bacon will "crisp" up a little more. This will last in the fridge in a Ziploc bag or Tupperware container for 3-5 days (but good luck making it last that long 😋)!