Bomb A$$ Adobo Chicken
The name says it all – this really is the most bomb a$$ chicken we’ve made so far!! Spicy, smoky, citrus-y, and oh so juicy, this chicken would be great in anything from nachos to tacos to a smoky chicken salad! *Note: See recipe here for homemade Fajita Seasoning blend and here for our Best Nachos recipe!
- Prep Time: 1h
- Cook Time: 10m
- Total Time: 1h 10m
- Serves: 4 people
- Yield: 4 chicken breasts
- Category: Meal Prep
- 4 lb Boneless skinless chicken breasts (approximately four breasts)
- 3 Chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (about 1/2 of a 7 oz. can, include sauce and peppers - Goya or the Lidl brand are my go-tos, can find them in the International aisle!)
- 1 Lime, juiced and zested
- 2 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp. Fajita seasoning (see recipe link above)
- 1 tsp. Chipotle pepper powder
- In a small food processor or chopper, pulse 3-4 chipotles in adobo sauce, including the surrounding liquid, until completely combined and no large chunks of peppers remain. Place in a gallon-sized Ziploc bag to begin our marinade!
- Wash, zest, and juice the lime and add that to the peppers in the bag along with the olive oil, chipotle pepper powder, and fajita seasoning mix. Seal the bag and mix well, making sure the dry spices combine well with the wet ingredients.
- Add the chicken to the bag and mix to coat the chicken, refrigerating and marinating anywhere from 30 mins (minimum) to 2 hours (maximum). The longer it marinates, the more the flavor can penetrate and soak into the chicken!
- On a charcoal or gas grill, cook over medium-high heat, approximately 5-7 minutes per side, or until the internal temperature of the chicken hits 170*F with a meat thermometer.
- Take the chicken off the grill and let the chicken rest on a heat-proof plate, covered in tin foil for 10 minutes, before slicing and serving. Can be kept in the fridge for 5-7 days in Ziploc bags or a Tupperware container. Great for meal prep!