Chicken Veggie Soup
- 1 small onion
- 3 Stalks of celery
- 5 Carrots (4-6 depends on size)
- 2 Cloves of garlic, chopped
- 2 Boneless chicken breasts*
- 3 tbsp. Olive oil (enough to coat bottom of pan or 2 turns of the pan)
- 2 Potatoes
- 32 fl oz Chicken stock (one box)
- 1 tsp. Better than Boullion™, chicken flavor
- 1 c Frozen soup veggies
- 2 Ears of corn (We used corn off the cob)
- 7 Green beans
- 1 Small onion
Seasonings (add amounts to taste):
- 2 tsp. Salt
- 2 tsp. Pepper
- 1 tsp. Poultry seasoning
- 1 tsp. Onion powder
- 1 tsp. Garlic powder
- 2 Bay leaves
- Chop and sauté in a big stock pot the carrots, celery, onions, garlic, and olive oil until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Cut up chicken breasts in 1-inch pieces and season with salt, pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder. Add to stock pot, adding a little more olive oil to the pan if necessary, and continue to stir and brown chicken breasts with vegetables.
- Add one box of chicken stock to the pan, seasoning with the poultry seasoning, bouillon, and bay leaf. Bring to a boil, and then cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- While soup is simmering, peel and cube potatoes; peel, rinse, and take the corn off the cob (raw, we didn’t cook it first); and prepare green beans and any other fresh veggies that you would like to put in.
- After chicken has been simmering for 15 minutes, add in the potatoes, corn, green beans, and any other fresh veggies that you have on hand that you want in the soup. Cook for another 5 minutes.
- When chicken is cooked through (check by cutting a piece open making sure there’s no more pink left), add in the cup of frozen soup veggies or any frozen veggies you have on hand. If you have any leftover pasta or rice and any leftover cooked vegetables that you want to throw into the soup, now is the time!
- Bring it to a simmer for another 5 to 10 minutes until everything is heated and cooked through. Season to taste; if more seasoning or bullion is required for flavor, put it in now.
- Remove the bay leaf as that is not edible, so throw it away. Enjoy!