Crock Pot BBQ Pineapple Chicken
Loved this super easy, dump everything in a crockpot recipe! This Crock Pot BBQ Pineapple Chicken is absolutely a set it and forget it kind of recipe. Definitely more sweet than savory, it leans kind of tropical with the addition of pineapple and BBQ sauce, however, you could definitely change the flavor profile of this depending on what type of BBQ sauce you choose to add.
- 1 lb Chicken breasts (2-4 pieces)
- 1 pkg Bottle of BBQ sauce (16 oz bottle)
- 8 oz Can of crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Pepper
- 1 tsp. Garlic powder
- 1 tsp. Onion powder
- Start by spraying crock-pot with Pam or non-stick spray to prevent sticking.
- Place thawed chicken breasts into slow cooker and poke each piece a few times with a fork to allow sauce and pineapple to better penetrate when cooking. Season with salt, pepper, and other spices.
- Cover with bottle of BBQ sauce and can of drained, crushed pineapple.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4-6 hours - or - HIGH for 2-3 hours.
- Shred the chicken with a fork by taking the chicken out of the crock pot and shredding in a bowl (since this recipe turns out so juicy). Then transfer the chicken back into the crock pot to let it soak up the rest of the flavors for about 10-15 more minutes.
- Serve in tacos or over brown rice with veggies. The original recipe recommends it in corn tortillas with avocado, coleslaw, and mango salsa!
- This will keep for up to two weeks in a Tupperware container in the fridge, it also freezes really well too!
- For the doubled version of this recipe, in case you're meal prepping for two, see the below quantities: - 2 lbs chicken breasts (4-8) - 2 (16 oz bottles) BBQ sauce - 2 (8 oz cans) crushed pineapple, drained - 2 tsp. salt - 2 tsp. pepper - 2 tsp. garlic powder - 2 tsp. onion powder