Creamy Coconut Orange Jam
This Creamy Coconut Orange Jam was a perfect way to use up some awesome pantry staples I had and the last of our orange puree from our Columbian Puree project (see more about that here). Check out the recipe below for an amazing spread for breads, cookies, desserts (like this Orange Apple Crumble) and more!
- Prep Time: 15m
- Cook Time: 35m
- Total Time: 50m
- Serves: 6 people
- Yield: 5 small or 2-3 large 16 oz. mason jars
- Category: Breakfast & Brunch
- 1/2 qt Orange purée
- 8 fl oz Can unsweetened coconut cream
- 2/3 c Sugar
- 1 Lemon, juiced
- 1/2 pkg Sweetened coconut flakes
- 1 tsp. Fruit Pectin
- *If making jam to preserve fruit and not for immediate use, prepare water-bath canner, jars and lids according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Place all ingredients (except the pectin) in a medium saucepan over medium high heat, stirring to combine.
- Stirring occasionally, bring mixture to a boil, approximately 3-5 minutes.
- Turn down to low and simmer for ~30 minutes.
- Right at the end, add 1 teaspoon of pectin to the mixture, stirring constantly for one minute. Take off the heat and pour into jelly jars (once cool￼). This turns into the consistency of a thick jam once completed.