Orange Apple Crumble
This Orange Apple Crumble was a from scratch recipe that I threw together one night, inspired by some apples that I needed to finish, along with the awesome creamy orange coconut jam we made last month (see that recipe here). This can be edited for whatever jam or granola you have too!
- Prep Time: 20m
- Cook Time: 35m
- Total Time: 55m
- Serves: 6 people
- Yield: Six 1-2 cup servings
- Category: Desserts & Baking
- 4 Semi-Sweet Apples (Gala, Fuji, Honeycrisp, etc.)
- 1/4 c Sugar
- 2 tsp. Cinnamon
- 8 oz Jar of Creamy Coconut Orange Jam (see recipe above, can sub with other jams too, 8-10 oz.)
- 1 1/2 c Maple Pecan Granola (can use any flavor)
- 4 tbsp. Butter, melted
- 2 tsp. Pumpkin pie seasoning
- 1/4 c Light brown sugar
- 4 tbsp. Butter, sliced (for topping before baking, optional)
- Start by pre-heating your oven to 350*.
- In a medium, tall corning-ware or oven-safe dish, butter or grease the sides and bottom to prevent sticking.
- Chop your apples of choice into medium diced pieces. We left the skins on as we like the the taste and texture they give.
- In a medium bowl, combine cinnamon and sugar together until they're completely mixed. Add apples and toss to combine until the apples are fully coated in the cinnamon sugar mixture. Place in the oven-safe dish in an even layer.
- Next, spoon the coconut orange jam over the apple mixture until it completely covers the apples.
- Melt the butter (~30 seconds - 1 minute in the microwave) and combine in a medium bowl with the granola, brown sugar, and pumpkin pie spice, mixing and crushing to combine (if the granola pieces are unevenly sized). You should have about oatmeal or cereal flake sized pieces of granola and brown sugar to make sure it bakes evenly. This should be a slightly darker brown, sandy texture after this step.
- Top the apple and jam mixture with the granola crumble, patting down with your fingers to make sure it gets evenly distributed. Add a couple tablespoons of butter to help caramelize the top (optional).
- Bake for ~30-45 minutes (depending on your oven). The apple crumble is done when a knife inserted into the center is hot and the topping is crispy and golden brown. Top with ice cream or whipped cream! This keeps for about five days in a Tupperware container in the fridge.