Green Beans Pecan-dine
- Prep Time: 25m
- Cook Time: 25m
- Total Time: 50m
- Serves: 6 people
- Yield: 6-8 3/4 cup-sized portions
- Category: Soups, Sides, & Breads
- 2 lb Green beans (or 1 (9 oz) package of frozen French-cut green beans)
- 1/2 c Pecans, finely chopped
- 2 1/2 tbsp. Butter (or 2-3 tbs. margarine)
- 1/4 c lemon juice
- Slice fresh beans into 3 inch pieces and cook, covered in boiling, lightly salted water until al-dente (crisp/tender), about 10-20 mins (Or cook frozen beans according to package directions). Drain off water in a colander/strainer and set beans in a heat-safe dish to the side for later.
- Cook pecans in butter over low heat, stirring occasionally, until golden.
- Remove pecans from heat and add juice, pouring over beans and tossing/stirring until all beans are coated.
- This is a play on the original Green Beans Almondine recipe, which I kept about the same, except subbing in the pecans for this version. Feel free to make it with the almonds if you'd like!
- I've also had versions where they added up to a 1/2 cup of Asiago, Parm, or some other sharp aged cheese to this and it turned out delicious.